Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Brush with an American Idol


I accidently saw Rent five times last year. One of this season's contestants on American Idol was playing Roger in the touring company of Rent at the time. I rushed for front row tickets three days in a row in Chicago; actually got tickets two of the three days. Constantine's band Pray for the Soul of Betty was playing that weekend in Chicago, so he spent some time with the rush line each day passing out flyers and talking us up. I hadn't really expected to get to see the Chicago performances of Rent, so I already had tickets to see it at the next stop at the Paramount in Cedar Rapids. At intermission, the Brown and I jumped seats to front-row center. In the middle of Seasons of Love, Constantine gave me a little wave of recognition. Embarassing in an "I'm really not stalking you" way, but still kinda fun. Posted by Hello

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

was this in cr?

11:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE CONSTANTINE... we are going to get married...

11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home